Definitions and Application
In these conditions the “company” is Matt Britton Carpets Limited trading under these conditions. “Person” includes persons or anybody or bodies corporate. “The Owner” means the owner of the goods to which any business concluded under these conditions relates and any other person who is or may become interested in them. “Customer” means any person, employee or agent of any person who is purchasing the goods.
Goods” means carpet, wood flooring, rugs, materials, articles or things to be supplied.
All orders, in whatever terms, and any activities of the company in the course of business are undertaken subject to these conditions which no person in the employment of or acting in any way as agent of the company, or purporting to do so, has power to vary. Previous dealings between the company and any customer shall not vary or replace these terms or be deemed in any circumstances to do so.
Acceptance of the goods by the customer shall be conclusive evidence before any court of law or arbitrator that these terms apply.
If any legislation is compulsorily applicable to any business undertaken, these conditions shall as regards such business, be read as subject to such legislation. If any part of these conditions be repugnant to such legislation to any extent such part shall as regards such business be overridden to that extent and no further.
Responsibilities Specifically Accepted By The Customer
- Ultimate responsibility for ordering the correct quantities, sizes or dimensions of goods required for any specific job rests with the Customer. The Company, its employees or agents do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for incorrect measurements or any consequences arising from purchase of incorrect quantities, sizes or types of goods.
- Risk shall not pass at the same time as property in the goods but shall pass at the time of collection or delivery and the Customer accordingly accepts that it is their responsibility to arrange for appropriate insurance cover and security.
- All goods collected from the Company’s premises must be examined and signed for by the Customer (or their delivery agent) prior to despatch. All goods delivered to the customer must likewise be examined and signed for by the customer. No claim for damaged materials or shortages will be entertained afterwards.
- As shading is an inherent quality in most wood and carpet products, Customers accept that it is their responsibility to order the correct quantity of goods for their requirements, as the Company cannot guarantee to be able to match shades supplied in previous orders.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that they have examined and are satisfied in all respects with the goods before installation and fixing commences as the Company will not accept any claim for materials once they are fixed.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer and or his/her agents to satisfy themselves that any products selected are suitable for the intended area of use and that any relevant health and safety issues are considered. It is important to note that in relation to flooring products in general, the risk of slipping is inherent and it is the responsibility of the Customer and or his/her agents to factor in any relevant risks in relation to the specific use and service conditions of their property or areas for which they have responsibility. Matt Britton cannot be held responsible for the incorrect or inappropriate selection of products.
- Where a fault is found in the goods supplied the liability of the Company will be limited to the value of the goods supplied or if greater the amount recoverable by the Company from the supplier of the materials.
- The Company will not accept any liability for consequential loss arising from the supply or installation of faulty goods.
- Any claim for faulty goods must be submitted on a timely basis with the goods in question. No claim will be processed unless the complained of goods are returned at the same time and the appropriate returns documentation completed.
- Delivery services are provided by our courier partners which operate from Monday to Saturday during the hours of 8am to 6pm and are available to all customers within the Republic of Ireland. Our courier partners will make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales. However, delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors or events outside of their control and we shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within estimated timescales. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you do not arrange for a tradesperson to install the goods until you have received your delivery. Risk of loss and damage of goods passes to you on the date when the goods are received by you.
Wood Flooring Specialists
- Matt Britton does not provide a wood flooring fittting service.
- Whilst the Company may put customers in contact with wood flooring fitters or organise them on their behalf, it is not or cannot be held responsible under any circumstances for work carried out by them, as these wood flooring specialists are not employed by, and do not act as agents for the Company.
Special orders are for goods made to your specifications such bespoke rugs, stair runners and custom-made wood flooring. Returns will not be accepted once your order has been processed online and no returns or exchange will be available. This does not apply to faulty or incorrectly supplied goods where your statutory rights are unaffected. Please contact us if you have any questions before placing your order.
- As colours can vary considerably over a period of time, samples delivered or on display are for general guidance only and not necessarily identical to current stock.
- Wood is a living material, one that breathes and adapts to its environment. Each board is unique and may have some variations in colour, structure and knots. Wood exposed to normal sunlight is subject to colour change.
- Product manufacturers reserve the right to change materials, components, design or dimensions of any goods without prior notification.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer and his or her agents to ensure that care and maintenance of flooring products is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s prescribed guidelines. It’s also important that regular maintenance procedures are consistent with any relevant risk assessments which reflect the specific on-site conditions.
Orders and Pricing
- Orders are accepted and estimated availability dates given on the understanding that the Company has available unsold stock or will be able to secure the required goods from its suppliers on time. Whilst the Company will use its best endeavours to meet such dates, it can accept no responsibility for any losses that might be suffered by the Customer as a consequence of any delays.
- Digital images, catalogues, price lists and other advertising material are only indications of the type of goods offered and are subject to variation from time to time by the Company and shall not constitute an offer or be binding on the Company.
- We will contact you if an incorrect price was displayed on mattbritton.ie for any items in your online order, offering you the option of proceeding with your purchase of the items at the correct price or cancelling the order.
Cancellation & Returns
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order at any time for certain reasons including but not limited to:
- Goods availability
- Errors in the description or prices for goods
- Errors in your order
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if fraud or an unauthorized or illegal transaction is suspected.
Any goods you purchase can only be returned in accordance with these Terms and Conditions:
- You have the right to cancel your order, up to fourteen days from the day the goods are received by you or on which a third party you have appointed, who is not the carrier, takes possession of the product delivered, provided that the goods and packaging are in perfect and resalable condition. It is your responsibility to ensure that the returned goods reach us in perfect resaleable condition and therefore all goods should be in their original packaging and the packaging must not have been damaged or marked. Please note that you will be responsible for arranging to return the goods and will also be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us. A refund of the value of the goods will be made upon our receipt of the returned goods once they have been inspected in our warehouse.
- If the goods returned are not fit for resale as a result of the goods or packaging having been damaged, the monies will not be refunded and you will be required to collect the goods from our warehouse within 7 days of having been notified of this fact. If the goods have not been collected within the 7 day timeframe, the goods will be disposed of.
- Please note that cancellation of goods made to your specifications such bespoke rugs, stair runners and custom-made wood flooring will not be accepted once your order has been processed online and no returns or exchange will be available. In addition to this, goods sold as part of a sale, promotion, clearance or as ex-display will not be accepted for return or exchange after the 14 day ‘cooling off period’ has ceased. This does not apply to faulty or incorrectly supplied goods where your statutory rights are unaffected. Please contact us if you have any questions before placing your order.